Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Welcome to the inaugural post of Without Sin the Gallery. Today we made a verbal agreement on a price for a broken down house to turn into an art gallery. This is a good place to start putting into writing what it is and what it will be and how we'll get there.

First is to close so we know it's really ours. :)

Then we have to tear out all the walls. And rewire and replumb and refloor.

We got a heck of a deal on the place and when fixed up it'll be worth over twice what we paid. That's always a good thing.

Yes, the name of the place is to be Without Sin. The name is conceptual as one might guess. I'm a pagan by religious nature, a polytheistic, anamistic, non-original sin believing pagan. And I love the heck out of that Jesus guy all the Christians follow. I just generally don't like the way they do it. The name is meant to evoke all that stuff. "Let he who is without sin" cast the first stone; criticize the artwork; pick nits with the shows; be angry that the artwork is not the same tired realism showcased all over our little valley.

Salon de Refuse meet Without Sin.

I plan to showcase experimental art, to have a place for classes in both art and craft there, to occassionally show art films in an upstairs room, and to have a pottery firing setup outside in the yard. I want to do large sculptures in the park across the street. I want to have shows of nationally recognised artists. I want to nourish local artists and help them gain a reputation and make lots and lots of money. My sweet wife and I cannot have children. This will be my/our child. It will be combative, controversial, insightful, and stick out like a sore thumb here in our little mountain town.

And maybe, just maybe, it'll make the effort worth it by helping one artist follow their dream just a bit further.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vivia Lawson said...

I'm wanting a clever, work appropriate, environmentally conscious, and CHEAP solution for framing my own works on paper. Let me know if that feels like something interesting at all. (Laura will be full of ideas, for sure). I also want a synergistic, involved, collaborative relationship between our spaces. But hell, we'll both be so busy we'll never see each other....

This is a pretty exciting time to be an artist in the Valley!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>