Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Parking solved

There are a number of things to "solve" when opening a business. One that I've been working on is solving the problem of parking. The city wants 4 to 6 spots for the size of the place and the expected traffic generated. There's an entrance off the highway in the front and an alley access in the back. I find the street access to be problematic, too possible for an accident to happen that I would be responsible for, and since I don't like causing accidents I've been looking for an alternative.

I found it.

The business behind/beside ours (it's a triangle shaped area) has a large weed infested lot behind it. Yesterday I approached the owner and asked him, "If I pave this area and take out that unsightly bush and that overgrown tree, can we use it in common and will you sign a use agreement to that effect"? He replied with a resounding yes.

Problem solved. Now I don't need to spend thousands redoing sidewalks and affording traffic control to do so. All I have to pay for is site prep and paving of some kind. And I think my neighbor who runs the concrete outfit in town needs somewhere to dump the excess concrete from deliveries in this area. Can you say "free concrete parking lot"? I can.

Putting things in place. ......... got my new web enabled cell phone today; put together a photo printing outfit for $3 yesterday; solved the parking problem; closing in on November 1st. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vivia Lawson said...

Such great great news. I'll take one of your computer classes for creative people. And I'll be loud and obnoxious if I get bored.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I know this to be true ;)

Didn't we leave one of these classes early ???

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>