Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Radio Day

Well, it's Saturday again and we got a little bit done on Wednesday but that was it for the gallery. My pesky day job has been fairly demanding of late and takes too much time. Last Wednesday Roger and Crystal and I did a bit more work. We got the pancake boxes up for the exterior lights and mounted the last outside box for an outlet along with it's nailer. This is where Crystal and I learned that you're only allowed to have two wires running through a hole in the wall. :) We only had to move a few to get it all right and ready. Except for getting lighting figured out and putting up nailiing blanks it's ready for the rough inspection so that we can start insulating and hanging drywall! :)

When we originally bought the building last November (and finally got the renter out in January) I had hoped to have the place done by this November. Such is not the case. I got busy at work, then sidetracked into getting the yard sort-of done and there were lots of other demands on my time. As it now sits I will be quite thrilled to have the yard settled and the garage turned into my pottery studio by November. In fact I believe our next step after getting the more finished parts (studio/kitchen/utility and bathrooms) a bit better insulated for winter will be to build the kiln yard. I better get hopping on that since it means pouring some concrete and running a gas and electric line out there and actually constructing the dang things. :) Funny, you buy an existing property and it just doesn't occur to you that you'll have to re-build EVERYTHING including a bunch of tear out before you can actually get some thing you want built there!

Sometimes I am a bit of a dumbass. (but a happy one with a nearly completed studio!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>