Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Some done

Must be time for the week in re-cap.

Saturday/Sunday, lots of overtime at work so it kept me away from the gallery. And I spent much of Sunday collecting tools and cleaning up Laura's paper studio so she could get some work done for the 2 summer classes she's taking. Had to get compressors out and checked and tooled up and all that stuff. Not fair to make her do that since I'd pretty much trashed her area in the process of getting alla my other crap together.

Monday: more getting ready, started a bit of framing, watering the yard and all that stuff. Monday afternoon we finally got it all motivating.

Tuesday: Now THIS was a work day! Crystal and I got the center/main beam in the garage changed out to one that actually does the job and looks better. AND we got most of the walls framed and/or exposed for wiring and such. It was a fab day that ended late but with much feeling of accomplishment.

Wednesday: Valley View Hot Springs, all work and no play...........

Thursday: Mostly an errand and catch up day. Spent a good part of the morning getting our friend Christie's laptop working on wireless. The cable tv company dude had totally jacked up her puter so it took two of us to figure out how to put it all back. Then that afternoon was spent putting a bunch of stuff together on my old Nissan Pickup that needed lots of work and may even be working soon.

Friday: How much danged prep can a person do? Laura's professors were coming over to visit and view so we had to get the house all shined up and ready for human habitation. :) Then I went over and started getting more done on my truck. My friend Marian came by and gave me some electrical advice. I also got a stem wall poured for a wall section that needed to go in and ran errands like getting concrete, bolts, lags, beam ties and all that stuff. Didn't feel like a productive day at ALL and I was grumpy.

Saturday: Garage sales. We do this most Saturday's thru the summer. Good family visiting time. Then I watered and got the studio ready to work in. Then my boss/friend called and I went to get the windows for the garage/gallery. Then Christie and Daniel and Autum showed up to help with the truck. Laura had to crash from exhaustion and Crystal was off at a fiber meeting until later in the day. I got lots done getting parts on the truck. It's fun, challenging and such to find what goes where when it wasn't you who took it all apart. :) The good part of the day? The garage sale score of a nice 24/7 water timer so that I have very little hand watering to do. It's hard to communicate how much this helps.

Today? I'll try to get a bunch of window framing done and see if there's a parts store open to get a battery, gasket, and a temperature sensor for my pickup. That'll pretty much finish up all I can think of and then it'll go to a mechanic to check over my work. It just makes sense to do all I can before that since it's worth, like, $50 an hour to do simple stuff like install thermostats and ptu on fan belts. I'll try to get some pics today. They don't really tell the story of how much work went on since the re-beaming project involved all kinda temporary supports before the old one could be cut out and what went in now just looks right rather than shabby and wrong. But it sure does feel good.

As always I wish I had gotten more done. Folks some times tell me I'm driven. I like to think of it as focused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>