Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Winterizing day

It's raining today. I kinda wish it weren't but one never gets to curse the rain here in our desert valley. I've been cutting up those elm stumps from last spring, man they're HUGE! I have a 20" chainsaw and it doesn't even get close to getting all the way through the trees near their bottoms. And since snow is predicted soon I'll have to take time out to winterize a few things. Gotta get a heat tape on the waterline at the gallery and seal up the leaky roof over the studio. Gotta disconnect all the outside waterlines so they don't freeze and burst. If we get time there will be framing and wiring done. Yes, believe it or not there is STILL wiring to do. IN fact I have to get some pipe and a couple boxes and check the motor load on my clay mixer before we get to hanging the sheet rock. That'll happen pretty soon, the drywall lifter should be here tomorrow. Not that I'll get to it tomorrow. Why? Well, because I am volunteering at the local public radio station from 6 to 8 AM tomorrow (Monday October 9th). Then I have to come home and cook. The democrats fund raiser for our little county party is on Tuesday and it is to be a chili supper and desert auction for which I have to cook two pots of chili, cornbread and a couple 12 packs of pop. OK, I don't have to cook the pop, I just have to go get it. OH CRAP!, I'm doing something else on Monday night, so it's even more full, I forgot until just now. But that means Wednesday is free for either resting or working.

Resting is a bit more important these days. I'm turning 46 soon. It's not old (unless you're 10) but neither is it young. I can't go 24/7 like I used to and the worn out bits (like wrists, shoulders, back, hips) that 28 years of powerline work have degraded don't bounce back like they used to. :) Thursday is pretty full also, and Friday we usually have something to do. Maybe I can get some work done on Saturday and Sunday if nothing comes up. I have GOT to get some heat in that place.

Sometimes it all feels too big. And then I have to remind myself that it's like the huge stump I sawed through yesterday. You can only do what you can do, a bit at a time, a little progress here and there and eventually you get it done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>