Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Texture and paint

Whoooo HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

It's moving forward. Friday at work we dug in electric, gas, phone and cable TV to a new set of condos at the local golf course. I dig the backhoe and shovel work so when I was done I saved a bucket load of dirt for the hole in our garage floor that I need to fill up so I can pour concrete. I threw the bucket load of dirt in the back of my little Nissan and hauled it home to wheelbarrow in to the hole. It was perfect! I had 1 1/2 wheelbarrow loads left over.

Laura got the texture all shot on the walls and ceilings in there so that was set and the masking stayed up so we were all set for today!

Today was painting. My friends Mary, James and Jane came over and the four of us got it primed in about 2 hours. We were higher than a kite when we got done, even with a fan on and a door open. It looks great in there! Tonight Poly and I will caulk the corners and seams that need it and tomorrow we'll finish up the painting!

This is incredibly exciting to me. :) This week Roger and I will install sockets and switches and perhaps a paddle fan or two. These electricians make me laugh. It's not a ceiling fan, it's a paddle fan.

By the end of next week we'll be moving in equiptment and thinking about how to get the cabinets all installled. :) Life is good. Heck, we're even having our next art meeting in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>