Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Nekid walls

So while I'm waiting on taping and texturing to be done so I can start finishing up the studio and throw pots I've found other things to do. The flicker badge has updated pics as is usual when we've gotten something good done.

Saturday Crystal and I tore out the wall that made the dark, tiny hallway leading from the kitchen to the main building. It was sadly fulla black mold that I'm very glad to have out of there. Crystal got a good laugh when I was taking out the cross studs that ran between the upright studs (after we tore off that crappy, dark paneling). I had to hit them HARD to get 'em out and, of course, I found one that was crappy wood and not nailed in so well and it flew into millions of bits that covered me and everything in the room. I would suppose it did look pretty funny.

We had to cut out bits here and there to get the wiring outta the existing studs and the pipes settled nicely without causing leaks. And when we were done there is room and light and no mold left where there was a dark little hole before.

On Sunday I wandered over and started taking out the corner, bearing wall and putting up a header to hold the existing roofline. It was fun but took lots more thinking than wall from the day before. Had to pull out paneling, then drywall, then the funny angled 1X boards. Following that I removed all but one of the studs so that the header would fold in when I was done. Then I jacked up the roof with a spare 2X4 and my car jack so I could take out the last stud. When I took the jack off the ceiling didn't bow so I hurried up and stuck the header in to keep things nice and tight.

Now I'm going to head over and do some research for the smallest footprint possible for a bathroom. Because.... you know..... now I wanna move the bathroom into the space I've just created and reclaim the 60 square feet the existing one takes up by replacing it with a smaller one that functions better and doesn't take up such a prominent and unwieldly section of the prep area.

I'm flying off to the internet, try to keep up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>