Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Time sure flies

When you're having fun. OK, I got a cold and now I'm sitting and it's a good time to catch up and post stuff and update things.

Hmmm....... since July.........

The walls around the staircase on the second floor and the entire staircase to the loft are gone. Eliminated, completely gone. Even the debris is all cleared out. The Art Thing had a yard sale there for two separate weekends and even that pile of crap is all gone. We've fired the kiln a few times and gotten a bit of pottery out of it, even some that we like.

Right now I'm tightening the place up for winter. It comes early and cold here so keeping the heat IN is a really good idea. I replaced 5 panes of glass, foamed and caulked every window in the place and started laying in some firewood for the chore of keeping the place above freezing. Really soon I'll get measurements on the 4 exterior doors and put storm doors on all of 'em to keep out just that much more of the hawk. My outside shed is mostly cleaned out thanks to some wonderful folks who wanted the junk wood for a chicken coop they're working on. I even got a better weather shield/strip for the garage door so we'll lose a little less cold through there.

The last bits to do are some tearout where the new bathroom will go, a couple trim boards around the roof to seal it up better and a rain gutter over the studio entry door. It would help if I got some water run to the sink in the studio but I think we can struggle with what we have for a bit longer while I get the really big stuff done.

I'm hoping to have the main area open for business next summer. We've recently decided to have the upstairs as exibit area as well since it looks so nice an big and open with all the walls outta there. I think it'll work out well.

Sometime before the snow flies I'll be making a whole bunch of trash go away. The backyard has turned into the pit where I throw all the shit I've torn out. It's gotten a bit too big to manage and needs to go away post haste. I have maybe a month or a month and a half before it'll be buried until spring. Reckon I best just get to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>