Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wrinkles

In the big tearout weekend we found a wrinkle or two in the old joint. :) I knew I'd find something eventually I just didn't know what. There's just no way to avoid it when fixing up a 100+ year old brick house. The stuff is the brick around the front entry door. It's sagging because someone loosened it up quite a few years ago, and a door that they just hacked into a wall. The odd thing is that they hacked it in just a few feet over from a perfectly good door. Weird.

So I called a local mason that LOVES working on old houses. He came out and I got an estimate for around $1500 to fix the problems the place has. I think that's pretty cheap to fix the front door, brick up the one that they hacked in, and fix a spot or two around the floor where the old soft brick has just disintegrated. He can't work me in until around July 1st, so I have plenty of time to finish tearing out the old plaster cover on the brick. That promises to be messy fun. UG. I've had about enough of the dust, but the good news is that the dusty bits are just about over. Soon it'll all just be building, I'll like the change.

Today I'll clean up the yard a bit more. It's an ongoing process and I hope to have it all shined up by June outside.

To help with that? I bought 1/2 a dumptruck. It's old and clanky but works. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spencer said...

so which half of the dumptruck didja get? front/back? left/right? top/bottom?

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>