Without Sin

It's an Art Gallery in the making.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

movin and shakin

FINALLY started on some meaningful tear out yesterday. :) This means that the ceiling from the front room in now on the floor in a tangled mess of plaster and lathe, the whole house is filled with dust and the main floors are taken up by crow bars and scaffolding. It's beautiful. I love seeing the bones of a place and letting the thoughts of "what might be" tickle over me when the old limitations are stripped away to reveal the basic structure of a place. I've done this a number of times before but this is really the first time I've gotten to do it to a whole house at once. Heck now I'm thinking of taking a staircase out completely and moving things around in interesting ways to make huge amounts of uninterrupted space.

We'll see how it goes. More ceilings come out today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>